Saturday, January 7, 2012

Introduction/ Explanation/ Apology

Welcome to my blog!  I apologize for the delayed post but I thought it would be more dramatic to write my first post as a 25 year old.  (ps if you look up you can planly see the date above claims it is still the 7th, well its wrong i stayed up until 12 am to post this on my actual birthday) I have only been 25 for a few moments but I have to be honest it feels very similar to 24…. actually the same.  You are probably saying to yourself “wow, 25! That’s a big deal! Did she go out and get smashed? Go to a rave? Make an animal sacrifice?” no, I did no such thing.  I actually welcomed in my new age by sitting at home alone, watching Xena (yes the warrior princess and no this is not how I pictured I would be spending my 25th birthday).  Now, I am sure many of you are laughing at me which is to be expected, actually that is one of the main reasons why I decided to write this blog.  My life and I seem to be a magnet for rather interesting incidents.  All of you who are reading this are either family or friends so you know my mind does not work like a normal person’s.  So I decided this would be a good way to get my thoughts out there, maybe even make you think a little bit about something you would never give the time of day.  For example, have you ever thought about this?   I was watching an episode of the show ‘Lie to Me’ the other day and on the episode one of the scientists was being held hostage and used as a human shield with the gun pointed at her head.  Well at one point the assailant started shooting off in another direction while still holding the hostage, normal people would be thinking ‘wow that sure would be scary.’  What went through my mind in a matter of milla-seconds was wow that would scare the pee out of me, hmm wonder if she is peeing herself? If she is peeing herself wouldn’t it seep through her pants and get on her attacker? I wonder if this has ever happened in real life?  I feel like this is a valid question to be honest but as my brother pointed out, in a real life situation it would probably be inappropriate to ask a victim if they peed themselves while they were being held hostage, it could be considered a sensitive subject.  I guess he has a point.  Anyway, this blog is really going to be a place where people can experience what it would be like to be inside my brain so please read with caution (not for children), bring a snack along and perhaps go to the bathroom beforehand because like I said you will be laughing at my expense very often.  I will discuss everything from what it’s like being a newly wed in an interracial marriage to what I ate for breakfast. I openly welcome your comments/ feedback and please, if you need advice on anything feel free to ask.  Now that I am 25 years old I would love to pass on some of the wisdom I have collected throughout my years on this earth.  I cannot guarantee my advice is good but I can guarantee it will be……creative.  I am excited to share my life journey with whoever decides they are bored enough to read this, so please tell your friends J  until next time….

No comments:

Post a Comment